With hundreds of competing mattress brands and thousands of models to choose from, finding the best mattress for you can be a challenging task. Your body type, sleep position, firmness preferences, available bedroom space, and budget should all come into play when choosing a mattress. If you share your bed with a partner, then you’ll also need to take their needs and preferences into account.
There are other important considerations when buying a new mattress. If you’re upgrading to a larger size, you may need to purchase a compatible bed frame or foundation. Deep pocket sheets might also be necessary if your new mattress is thicker than your previous one.
Our product expertise extends to these and other essential mattress accessories. Each member of our expert team has spent years testing, rating, and reviewing mattresses. We’re here to answer the various questions that will undoubtedly pop up during your mattress search. We can also shed light on the best ways to clean and protect your mattress, how to tell when your mattress needs to be replaced, where to dispose of an old mattress, and other important things to consider after you’ve made your purchase.
Browse the links below to learn more about selecting, buying, and maintaining a mattress and other sleep surface components. We’re continuously adding to this list of informative guides. Shoot us an email if you have a mattress-related question we haven’t answered yet, and check back frequently to see our newest additions.
Looking for something specific?
Mattress Information Guides
- Mattress Warranties
- Mattress Disposal
- Mattress Construction
- Mattress Types
- Mattress Comfort Layers
- Mattress Trial Periods
- Bed Frame Sizes
- How to Choose a Mattress
- How to Clean a Mattress
- How to Ship a Mattress
- How to Get Rid of Bed Bugs
- How to Fix a Leaking Air Mattress
- How to Fix a Sagging Mattress
- How to Get the Urine Smell out of a Mattress
- How to Buy a Mattress Online
- How to Sell a Used Mattress
- How to Fix a Squeaky Bed
- How to Fix a Hole in an Air Mattress
- How Long Should a Mattress Last?
- How Much Does a Mattress Cost?
- How Foam Density is Measured
- How is Latex Density Measured?
- How To Make a Memory Foam Mattress Sleep Cooler
- What is the Difference Between a Pillow-Top and a Euro-Top?
- What is the Size of a Queen Bed Frame?
- What is a Double Bed?
- What is a Trundle Bed?
- What is Memory Foam?
- When Should You Replace Your Mattress?
- What is Celliant Fiber and How Is It Used in Mattresses?
- The Best Place to Buy a Mattress
- The Best Time to Buy a Mattress
- Can You Place a Mattress on the Floor?
- Is Memory Foam Toxic?
- Firm vs. Soft Mattresses
- Do You Need a Box Spring?
- Does Gel Foam Sleep Cooler?
- Dunlop vs. Talalay Latex
- Foam vs. Innerspring Mattresses
- Foam vs. Latex Mattresses
- How to Clean a Mattress Topper
- Signs and Effects of a Bad Mattress
- Mattress Store Guide
- Should You Flip or Rotate Your Mattress?